Sunday, July 31, 2011

July 28, 2011

I'm glad you liked my last letter.  It's been fun to see myself get better this week.  It's sad though because nobody else in my district even tries.  I don't understand.  But like you mentioned, I just have two more weeks left and then I get another chance for a good companion and district.  Unfortunately, I don't get to see the other Cebuano district again.  They are going to a different mission than me.  But no worries.

I'm pretty sure the MTC has my Visa and stuff.  They give it to us when we leave so we don't lose them, I guess.  But I get my travel plans next week!  I'm so excited!  I've been here an eternity, it feels like.

Too bad I'll miss Robbie though.  Where is he going?

It was also cool to hear about your trip to NYC.  I love how you said, "we thought about sending you treats from FAO Schwartz..." but just left it at that.  Nice.  I'm really good on food now though.

Oh, do you know how much money is on my debit card?  I need to have enough for customs, ties, and new pants, plus whatever else I need out there when I arrive.  I don't know if I need more money, I just want to know how much I have.

So Sydney tells me that Alicia finally got her license.  Basta! (That's cool!)  Make sure she takes care of my baby while I'm gone!

Dad wanted to know the best way to contact me in the field.  I think, for now, just send me emails starting on the 15th, but you can also check dearelder.com.  I know dearelder.com delivers letters to some missions but I don't know how long it takes or anything.  I'll just have to wait and see.

Well, I love you!  The MTC has definitely given me a profound gratitude for righteous parents who raised me well in the Gospel.  Again, I love you!

Love,
Elder Garver

No comments:

Post a Comment