Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Groundhog Day 35

Kamusta Mo!
 
First off, I have the best family in the world.  Thank you all so much for writing me!  My sisters are all amazing and funny and nindot kaayo and my parents are the best parents in the kalibuton.  My grandparents are nindot as well and I love them Dako!  Shaelyn, you are awesome too.  Thanks for the letters!
 
So today is groundhog day 35.  Only 27 more to go!  I'm over the hump!  How exciting.  We begin our first all Cebuano TRC lessons this Thursday and I'm really looking forward to it.  I have all this vocab in my head, I'm ready to put it to some meaningful use.  My companion, who struggled a lot the first few weeks, has been getting much much better as we have studied together and he is really taken off.  We had a great experience early this week where I almost had to beat him to the ground (kidding) but after this experience he finally opened up to me and we had a great talk.  We have never been closer and this week has been fantastic.  The Lord never ceases to surprise me with His infinite goodness and wisdom.  I truly do have an inspired call.
 
The language is going well.  I don't really feel that I've improved much since last week, but as I speak more and more I am realizing that it is coming easier.  I've decided to speak all in Cebuano from now on.  Lisod kini, pero naghunahuna ko nga maayo ini.  Nag... just kidding.  I'll still type in English for all of you.  But I did commit to myself to cease speaking English.  This has proven difficult since half my week is filled with meetings with my English-speaking branch presidency, and various tours and training meetings with the new English missionaries.  Oh well.  It is a ton of fun to speak sa Cebuano when I do have the chance though.  I love this language.
 
Besides that, nothing much new has happened this week.  I really do feel like I've been here my whole life, but at the same time I, no.  I've been here forever.  Thank you all for keeping me a little bit attached to the real world.  I am very much focusing on the work, but I do love the little reminders of home when they come.  I just mailed a little package with a couple letters and some photos home so those should come to you soon.  It cost me a whole 4 stamps!
 
I love you all!
 
Gugma,
Elder Garver

No comments:

Post a Comment