Sunday, July 31, 2011

July 18, 2011

Thank you for writing me all your letters.  I liked them.  I've had many thoughts about the Atonement of Jesus Christ this week and I'm thankful for Him.  I decided to begin only speaking Cebuano this week.  It's difficult, but when I follow my commitment I have fun and feel the Spirit.  And, when everyone doesn't understand me, they don't argue with me!  I have many quiet days, but they're peaceful.  I think I'm becoming better at Cebuano.

Despite my many trials, I know my Father lives, and He loves me.  I'm thankful to Him (and my awesome parents) for the opportunity to serve my mission, and to teach the people of the Philippines.  I love my Savior, Jesus Christ.

Oh! I had the opportunity to see Crystal these past couple weeks, at the MTC.  It was cool!  Grandma wrote me about her wedding.  I probably won't get to see Crystal again for a long time now. 

I miss you all and I love you.  Thank you for your help and advice!

Love,
Elder Garver

No comments:

Post a Comment