Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Feed Me!

Thank you Father!  I did recieve the Dear Elder, and I am so glad I did!  I thought that you guys hadn't been able to find it.  That is definitely the best way to contact me, because I can use my full 30 minutes to just respond to you all.
 
So I've been at the MTC for just about 4 months now... wait, it's only been 2 weeks?  Ugh...  Time moves so........ slow........ here..... but it's great.  I'm having a lot of fun with my district and my teachers are all great.  I'm learning the language so fast and It blows me away.  There is absolutely no way I could learn this fast on my own.  The food leaves something to be desired.  I'm getting 4 different plates of food for every meal just so I can find one that tastes decent.  It's really not that bad but I'm getting escited to go to the Pilippines and be able to eat real food there.  I'm so excited to get out into the field.  I am convinced I have the best mission and the coolest language in the MTC.  This week has actually sped up considerably since the first, and I think it's because things aren't so foreign to me anymore.  I want to wish Dad a very happy birthday and I love you.  I appreciate everything you've done for me and I couldn't have a better father.  Happy anniversary to you and Mom as well, I hope everything is going well now after camp and things.
 
This last week was a pretty crazy week.  We had 104 mission presidents and their wives in the MTC all week as well as 10 of the Quorum of the 12.  They blocked off half the MTC so these presidents could be trained and taught by the Quorum.  This would have made things crowded, without the influx of 600 new elders which arrived on Wednesday, so I've felt like a sardine all week.  I found out I'm getting a new mission president though, and my district and I got to meet him and talk with him and his wice for a while this week.  He is so awesome and he made me even more excited for the field.  I was floored when I learned that he and his wife (President and Sister Shmutz) had been taking Cebuano lessons for 2 months, and we all knew more Cebuano than them after just 1 week in the MTC.  I cannot get over how amazing the gift of tongues is.
 
I know the Lord has called me to this work and I know that I have been choosen to serve in Cebu because the Lord has prepared people there to hear me teach them.  The Gospel is true and this work is inspired.  I love all of you.
 
Love,
Elder Garver
 
P.S. If you read above about the food and felt any pity for me, I know a lot of Elder's and Sister's who recieve care packages quite frequently with snacks and such ;)  The work here is exhausting and I'm always starving!   I love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment