Sunday, July 31, 2011

July 22, 2011

I never thought I would write so many letters in my life.  Once a week correspondence just isn't enough though.  It has also been surprisingly lonely here at the MTC.  Even with so many people here, I feel very alone quite often.  My only constant is Jesus, and for Him, I am very grateful.  I don't think I was ever meant to have a life devoid of worry and stress, but I know that I am never truly alone.

I loved the family pictures you all sent.  I love you all very much.  My teacher told us that the people in the Philippines love seeing pictures of missionaries' families, so if you send me all the pictures you can/want of me and you all, and my friends, I'll show you off to my investigators!

That care package you sent me was amazing as well.  It was so clever!  The muddy buddies made everyone jealous.  I'll be sending a bunch of pictures home soon.  I hope you'll enjoy them.

I'm super excited to get out of here, and into the field.  I'll start translating my Cebuano for you as well.  Maybe I'll teach you some of the language so you can use it when you pick me up.

I love you all so much!  ayo-ayo (Good-bye)!

Gugma (Love),
Elder Garver

No comments:

Post a Comment