Wednesday, August 8, 2012

7-25-12

Gooood Moorrrniiiiing Americaaaaaa!

Thanks for the emails!  I love Wednesday mornings too.  It's getting harder and harder for me to speak English as time goes on though, which means that It takes more and more time to respond to you, as I have to pause and think of words and sentence structure in your language.  Thank goodness for spell check!

I feel um... looy for you dad.  I think that's like, sorrow?  Maybe...  I feel bad that you had to be bounced all around the airports like that.  At least you made it!  How are your knees holding up?  I'm still praying for you every day.

All that travel sounds super tiring, but at least you are all having fun.  It would be super cool to come back and be able to go to school with Alicia.  All the other places you are visiting sound like tons of fun as well.  I'm excited to get all those letters!

I was thinking about your trip out here a little a while ago.  I don't know if you have bought tickets or anything, but if not, I think it would be best to leave the girls at home on this one,  That is just a lot of money.  A LOT of money, and we could buy them tons of souvenirs for way cheap instead of bringing them out here.  It might be safer as well.  It would be fun to have everyone here, but it would be very pricey.  I think we could spend a lot less and still maybe have an awesome vacation together in the states or something.  Anyway, it's up to you I guess.

My week has been awesome, like always.  There is so much happiness and success in my mission, I am beginning to get a little worried.  There is going to have to come a trial sooner or later.  At the same time though, that is just another kind of blessing, and will make me even happier in the long run.  It is truly great to have a knowledge of that.  So my new district is completely Filipino.  I am the only white elder, and besides me, there is only one other elder who is not from a tagalog speaking island.  That means that when we get together, tagalog is the language that everyone uses.  This is a huge blessing because it is forcing me to focus a lot harder on learning tagalog so I know what is going on.  It is coming a long well, and I can understand a lot now, even though I am still really slow at speaking.  Everyone in my district, and zone, is super obedient and faithful, and things are going great.  We are very close to being able to baptize an investigator we have been teaching for a while now, Mike Acero.  He is solid, and he is working on getting rid of his vices, pertaining to the Word of Wisdom, and after that, he is set.  It has been awesome teaching him and his family who are on track to follow shortly after him

Thanks for the updates!  I love you all!

Elder Garver

 This is Joceryl, at her baptism.

 The Sanchez Family, outside the temple in Cebu.  It was so great to be there with them!

My district, before transfers.

No comments:

Post a Comment