Wednesday, April 25, 2012

4/24/12


Transfers!

I'm going back to Bohol!  I'm assigned in Valencia, Bohol, follow up training the kid of my junior batch.  I've heard it is a super hard area, and I am excited to go destroy that mindset.  There is no such thing as a hard area.  If Alma and the sons of Mosiah could baptize thousands of blood-thirsty Lamanites, no area in our world could be too difficult.  I am so excited to return to my first zone and to reunite with the members there again.  Elder Shelley is staying in the area and being follow-up trained.



We had a great last week together.  We got to baptize the Burlaos family as well as Sister Labigan, and the testimonies they bore afterwords were powerful and impressive.  We also began a larger search for more less-actives because we dropped a few who need a bit more preparation before they'll progress and come back.  I am sad to be leaving such amazing people here in Bogo, but I am excited to go meet everyone in my new area as well.  I know that these investigators and members are in good hands, and the Lord with continue guiding and supporting the missionaries here.



It was great to hear you reminiscing about the family, mom.  I love hearing about you guys.  I am so blessed to have such a wonderful, close family.  I truly do treasure you all more than you can understand.  I also smiled when you told me about the 50 min trip some girls travel to get to church every week.  I too was humbled here on my mission.  There are a couple very active member families in our branch here in Bogo that wake up very early in the morning to walk 8-12 kilometers down from the mountains with their families every Sunday to get to church.  One member just started making and selling peanut butter to us so that they might have the money to ride the public transportation to church and not have to carry 3 young children all the way to church and back.  The faith of the members here is amazing.  Would you walk 10 miles every Sunday to get to church?  You should be able to answer yes.  There is no excuse for us to not follow every commandment of the Lord with exactness.  We all need to cut out our excuses and find a way to follow EVERY commandment of the Lord.  Keep up your faithfulness and you will find blessings in your life that you didn't even know were there.

Sorry that my mind is kind of all over the place this morning.  I love you all so much, and I love the work that the Lord has entrusted to us here in His vineyard.  I'm excited to hear about how Alicia likes her new job! (I only laughed a little bit) and about how Rachel and Sydney are doing in their adventurous lives.  It's so cool that Dad got called as a temple worker!  I would love to be able to do a session while he is serving.  I hope you are still there when I get home!

I love you!
Elder Garver

No comments:

Post a Comment