Sunday, May 6, 2012

5/3/12

Hey Everyone!

First, there are no seasons here.  Well sorta.  There is hot and wet, and hot and dry.  Right now it's hot a dry.

So!  My new area!  I am in Valencia, Bohol!  It is paradise.  We have a branch with about 100 active members, and they feed us every single day, lunch and dinner.  They also give us rides all the time.  We are extremely spoiled.  On google maps, if you find Tagbilaran, then follow the coast line to the east, you'll hit Valencia after around 100km.  I'm guessing.  It's about an hour drive away.  My companion is named Elder Tolentino.  He is Filipino, 5' 2," skinny, has big round glasses, looks totally Asian, is super nervous and giggles and covers his face when under pressure, has at least 1 imaginary friend (that I'm aware of so far), sleeps with a night light because he is afraid of the dark, and loves hugs.  He is an amazing companion.  I love Elder Tolentino so, so much.  He is the epitome of Christ's command to become as children.  He is still new in the mission. (I am follow up training him.  This is his 3rd transfer.) He is super humble, submissive, meek, and mild.  He is always looking to become better, and is very obedient.  I have learned a ton from him in just a few days, and we have seen much success as well.  This is going to be an awesome transfer.

I'll have more to tell you about next week.  I'm still learning this area and everything.  I love you all!

Elder Garver

No comments:

Post a Comment