Thursday, April 19, 2012

4-17-12

Yeah! Email time! I love you guys!

It has felt like a long time since I last got to email you all, but I
think that is because of 1) how crazy this week has been and 2) how
much good happened this week.

First, thank you for sending my license! I'm excited to drive again.
Especially here ;) When you come out here to pick me up next year,
it'll be an option. I'm thinking public transportation will be better
for some places but a rental car would be really nice for others. 

I
got word that I have 2 packages waiting for me in the mission home, so
I'll be able to pick those up in a couple weeks at transfers. I
think I'll be transfering. That is usually how it works after
training. Your greenie stays in the area and you leave. 

I want some pictures of Alicia's prom experience! That was SO much
fun for me. Who asked her out? Are they just going as friends or
what? 

So this week! First, the bad news. There was some misunderstanding
in communication, and Sister Labigan was under the impression that her
baptism was being postponed a week because of a schedule conflict, so
she didn't show up to the service on Saturday. Not to worry though!
The good news is, we visited her right after and worked it all out and
she is being baptized this Saturday. The even better news is, Sister
Labigan is being baptized with another investigator family of ours,
the Burlaus family. So this Saturday and Sunday we will get to see 6
people baptized and confirmed. It is going to be a great weekend.
Both the Burlaus family, and Sister Labigan and her family are all
very excited to see their families brought together through baptismal
covenants, and are all preparing already to make it to the temple to
be sealed. I'll be in my last transfer 1 year from this Sunday. How
great would it be to see these families sealed together before my
return home! I love these people. 

We also had Zone Interviews this week, where President Schmutz
personally interviews us all. It is always so great to talk with him,
and I got a lot out of our interview this last week. He told me that
there comes a point in our Spiritual progression when we stop asking
God to strengthen our weaknesses, and we ask Him to show us more of
our weaknesses so that we can begin to seek His help in making those
strengths as well. I have begun doing this in my personal prayers,
and it's been eye opening to see how weak I really am! I have learned
so much from doing this, and it is something I plan on doing the rest
of my life. We can't be afraid of chastisement or embarrassment if we
have a true desire to grow. We never grow if we don't mess up
sometimes, and recognizing those mistakes is key. 

I'll attach some more pictures next week, including the Burlaus and
Labigan families.

I love you all so much! 

Elder Garver

No comments:

Post a Comment