Wednesday, April 11, 2012

4-11-12

Hello Everyone!

I'm officially 20 now!  Yipee.  It feels pretty good honestly.  I LOVED the pictures that you sent me Mom.  I think pictures are my favorite thing to get on the mission.  I love your letters as well, the food is a definite perk.  Any news on my license yet?  Transfers are coming up in the next few weeks and I might need it pretty soon.  I have faith that the Lord will watch over something that important for us.  I love you guys!

HOLY COW ALICIA!  You are turning 18 in a few months!  What the heck is up with that?!  That hit me like a ton of bricks this week.  You are almost an adult...  That is so weird.  I also started learning Tagalog today.  It is a ton of fun.  Have you looked up that rosetta stone thing yet?  I could even help you once a week through email if you want it, and we can talk in Tagalog over skype when I call this mothers day!

About Easter.  We survived, and we didn't see anything too disturbing.  We saw a few crosses that had been raised up on a hill, but that was the day after they do their crucifixions, so the people had already been taken down.  That was a relief.  FYI, you do NOT need to whip and crucify yourself to receive the blessings of the atonement.  Just pray, confess, and change, and you're great!  So, happy Easter :)

So! We have been having more great successes on Polambato.  It seems like the Lord is just opening the heavens above our heads here and great things are happening.  We are very happy that Sister Labigan is getting baptized this week, and she will be the completing link in her family.  They are all very excited to go to the temple and are looking forward to the blessings that are in store for them.  That whole family is solid, and it's awesome to see how much they are embracing the gospel as a family.  We also are on track for another family baptism the Saturday after this.  The Burlaus family has been doing so great in trusting the Lord and sacrificing to make it to church every week.  Brother and Sister have taken off in their testimonies and prayers, and the 3 daughters have been coming to every youth activity each week.  They are already getting integrated into the branch, and are developing friendships.  Sister and Brother were very impressed with General Conference this last week, and said that they could feel the power from the speakers, especially the Prophet.  We are very excited for them. The 5 of them will be baptized as a family next week, on the 21st.

We have also continued to be led by the Lord in where we go and who we talk to.  We felt the prompting to stop by a deserted looking house next to the road we were walking on and see if anyone lived there.  We ayo-ed the house, and were called into the back by a man who was doing some chores.  He greeted us as Elders, and then proceeded to tell us that he had been the Branch President back in 1997, but had gone inactive when his wife passed away.  We had no idea that this Melchizedek Priesthood holder lived here, but were extremely happy when he committed to come back to church this Sunday.  He will be a huge help to our branch here.  I could really feel his love for the church and his sincerity in his testimony.  The death of his wife sent him for a loop, but he has seen the power of the atonement, and is excited to come back.

Work is fantastic out here in the Lord's vineyard, and Elder Shelley and I are happier than ever.  I love you all so much, and I'm excited to see you all next month on skype!

Love,
Elder Garver

No comments:

Post a Comment