Monday, April 2, 2012

3-28-12

Good Morning!

Today is a great day.  We had a challenging week but it has picked up a ton these past few days.  But more on that in a minute.

First, I got your package!  Thank you!  I haven't opened it yet.  I'm saving it so I can have something to look forward to on my birthday. 

Oh, by the way, did my itunes account work?  Speaking of itunes, don't worry about the music I asked for, I found some enya here!  If you could figure out a way to attach just the theme song from man from snowy river onto an email and send it to me that would be awesome.  Also, I need my new license sent to me as soon as possible.  I might need to get a Philippines License soon and mine expires on my birthday.  With a active license I can just switch it over without any tests or trouble or anything.  I love you!  


Mom, as for the food, we take centrum every day, which packs us with all the vitamins that we need, so I'm good with that.  I'm also switching up my diet a bit so I can eat more meat and protein.  Hopefully I can get a bit fatter soon.  But I am healthy and I feel great.

So work this week!  It was slow moving at first, but great blessings came out of it in the end.

We had originally had another baptism scheduled for this week, but we found out while teaching the Law of Chastity that her marriage to her husband was actually what they call a "secret marriage," and needed to be renewed yearly to stay in effect.  This was not done, and so they aren't lawfully wedded anymore.  This was a huge bummer, but Sister Lisil is still coming to church, and we are working with her husband to try and work our their marriage.

The Labigan family is on fire.  The father and two children are members that we reactivated last transfer, and Sister Labigan has come to church twice in a row, last week without her husband because he had an emergency work call.  The whole family is super talkative in the lessons and all participate.  The Burlous family all came to church this week.  That makes 4 consecutive times for the 3 daughters and the first time for the parents.  They all seemed to have a good time and the father was smiling all through priesthood and gospel doctrine.  We are excited to see them continue to progress.  The children are involved in the youth camp and are going to mutual activities as well.

It's awesome to hear you all doing your part in the states as well!  Let me know how the new member lessons go and how the BBQ goes as well.  I encourage you to do a good study of the Preach My Gospel book in preparation for your lessons.  It is a huge blessing and has tons of great truths in it.  When you prayerfully study that book of scripture, inspiration flows.

I love you all so much!  Keep up the good work back home!

Love,
Elder Garver

No comments:

Post a Comment