Friday, April 6, 2012

4-4-12

Mom!  You are so flipping skinny!!

Holy cow!  That's amazing!  You look great!  Sorry I had to open the package a couple days early.  Ants started getting in it.  Funny enough though, they were attracted to the pictures and not the food.  All the pictures were fine, and the food too.  I just stuck it in the fridge, and I'm still waiting to open the individual stuff.  But man, I loved those pictures.  Dad made me laugh with his cowboy hat that is way too small for him.  I love pictures so much.  I love you guys!  


I definitely feel older than I ever have in my life.  I do feel 20.  I have gained such a stronger more mature spirit on my mission, and it feels great.  Birthdays aren't a huge deal out here unless you're rich.  Most people can't afford much, but people are making me birthday cards and stuff.  It's super nice.

About my license.  I actually will be driving.  All Zone Leaders here are required to have a drivers license, and many of them have cars.  So if I become a ZL I am going to need that license.  If you just pray over it, it'll get here no problem.  It might help if you just hid it inside another package.  Yeah, I think that is what the Spirit is telling me :)

Thank you so much for the songs, Dad!  I am hoping they will work.  Did you get them off itunes?  The .m4a format is protected, but I might find a way around that.  I'll let you know next week if I was able to play them.  I'm excited!  April fools isn't celebrated here by the way.  Elder Shelley and I made a couple jokes to each other but that was the extent of our celebration.  Nothing big.  What I am really looking forward to/dreading is Easter.  It is true that people crucify themselves here in order to "show forth repentance."  I've heard that the field they do it in is right on the way to our church building.  Great.  Elder Shelley is freaking out.

I also found out this week that Elder Shelley was super good friends with Carson Corbett, from our stake in VA.  They lived together in AZ.  It has been pretty fun telling stories this week.  Small world.

As for work, we are doing great up here!  We dropped an area this week though because the people there began harboring a really bad spirit.  Every time we went there the people got more and more reclusive and reluctant to talk to us, and even the people who were great there a month ago began to refuse to talk to us.  It was tough to see them all go so down hill.  We think it has a lot to do with a couple inactives there who have started voicing their offences against the church and the whole town just hopped on that and turned against us, and Christ.  We may go back after a while but as for now we have been seeing tons of success in our finding efforts again.  It has been great to have some free time in our schedules for member finding, and we have found some more amazing people because of it.  We have another baptism scheduled for the 14th this month.  Sis Labigan is absolutely amazing.  She has had the biggest turn around I have ever seen in my life.  When we first contacted her 4 months ago, she screamed at us and told us to get off her property.  Now, she is reading and praying and bringing her whole family to church.  She has her eyes set on the temple, and wants more than anything to be sealed together for all eternity.  Her baptism will complete the family, minus 1 son, and Bro. and Sis. are working on him now.  He has a lot of schooling and is busy all the time as of now.  To answer the question about the Filipino mindset on eternal families, they all believe in something similar to that, even though the Catholic church doesn't teach it.  It has been cool to see how so many people out here are one religion or another, just because they don't know there is something better out there.  Almost everyone here has some problem or concern with their church, but doesn't know what to do about it.  It has been so great being able to give them the answers that nobody else can.  It is such a blessing to be in the only true and complete church.

Elder Shelley is still doing great, and it is scary but exciting at the same time to see this next transfer coming up on us so fast.  I wonder what will happen.  Transfer day is always so exciting for me.

I love you all!  Thanks for all the birthday wishes!  CJ made me laugh.

Love,
Elder Garver

P.S. No I didn't get on facebook.  That must have been Sarah or someone.  I'm not allowed to go on any sights besides myldsmail. net.  Thanks for making sure it got done though!

No comments:

Post a Comment