Thursday, March 22, 2012

3-20-12

Hello everyone!

Hello Family! I have a favor to ask you guys.  First, I thought this would be cool.  I don't know if you are already doing it or not, but it would awesome if you could update my facebook profile pic with pictures I send home periodically so all my non member friends can see what's going on as well.  I included one this week, the one with all the kids, that I would like as the profile pic right now.  Secondly, it would be awesome if you could somehow mail me some Enya music, as well as the theme song from Man from Snowy River (Jessica's Song).  You could probably just rip the cds and put it on a flashdrive and mail that to me.  It wouldn't need to be a big flashdrive.  Probably just 512mb or 1gig.  It's probably too late for my birthday, but maybe for next Christmas or something, or whenever you get the chance.  Just load it with as much church/spiritual/instrumental music as you can and I'll love it!



We had a pretty great week again over here in Bogo.  We baptized Sister Castillote and her daughter JoyJoy, and because of them, we began teaching their extended family as well.  Sister Castillote's sister now has a baptismal date for the 31st, and her cousin is taking the lessons with her as well.  

We did a service project for a member this week and I got toasted.  I'm getting kinda tan out here in the Philippines.  The picture we took of me is sorta weird.  Almost artistic.  My body is getting so weird out here.  My waistline is tiny now, but I'm getting way bigger up top as I keep working out every day.  I'm going to have to ask you to all feed me like crazy when I get home so my waist can meet up with my chest and back.  Real American food sent through packages would also be a welcome relief from the tasty, but nutrition-less rice I'm living off of.



So work is going steady, we are teaching tons of lessons and seeing lots of success.  We recently reactivated the Delantes, a family that had been inactive forever, but is now on the path to the temple, We are super excited to see them get there.  Sister Delante has an awesome testimony and great faith, but sometimes lacks the knowledge of how to apply it.  She told us last time last time we visited her, that she got a sick stomach and since her husband didn't know how to give a blessing she just used his authority and anointed and blessed herself.  That was interesting, so we taught them a little more about the Priesthood and we are following up more about it when we visit her on Friday.

We saw our biggest attendance ever here in the Polambato Branch this week.  54 people in Sacrament Meeting.  That was awesome.  Since I have gotten here, attendance has increased from 25 to a consistent 50 every week. It is great to see growth in the Church and all the blessings that come from it.

Nothing else too crazy happened this week.  All is going really well and I am loving how great of a Spirit is in this Zone.  As a whole, we are leading the mission every week in stats, and improving ourselves every week as well.  President Schmutz is coming up to work with us this Saturday to see how we are doing so well.  It's really just a matter of Obedience and Diligence.  The Lord is doing all the rest.  I know that if we just keep ourselves worthy, all our efforts will be consecrated unto us for our good.

I love you all!
Elder Garver





No comments:

Post a Comment