Thursday, January 10, 2013

1-9-13


Hello!

The city is awesome.  My new area and new companion are great.  Elder Rogers is my batch to go home so we are right at the same place in the mission.  We both know what we are doing and the work is fantastic.  Our strengths and weaknesses seem to compliment each other perfectly.  I couldn't be more happy with a companion.  The area is amazing as well.  The city is fast-paced and exhausting, but all with good work.  We get fed quite a bit, and there are quite a few wealthy people that like to take care of us.  We even get American food cooked for us a couple times a week!  Our Bishop is awesome, and he is American!  He is pure Filipino but was born and raised in America for 28 years before moving here for a job opportunity.  He speaks fluent English and some Cebuano as well, but not as well as a lot of the American missionaries.  He is really loving, and has lots of drive, and the ideas that I brought from my last branch has seemed to light a fire in him about helping our small ward grow.  We are pumped to be working together.  The mission is just awesome right now.

I'm super happy over here.  It's good to hear that you are all doing well over there too!  I loved hearing about Crystal's reaction to her trail and the faith that she is showing.  She really is an inspiration.  I shared my testimony about her in a lesson to a inactive brother and his family this week and the Spirit witnessed very powerfully about true faith, which makes us happy to sacrifice anything for the Lord.  Their entire family was at church on Sunday.

I talked with my mission president about school at ZLC yesterday.  He said I could fill out my college application whenever I needed to.  What do you think I should do?  I don't have a ton of money right now for college.  Would it be smarter to come home and work until winter and then apply in October?  That's what Chris is doing.  I would be better of financially wouldn't I?  If you think I should do it immediately though, you can start my application for me this week and do everything you can without my help, then email me and I'll finish up the rest next Wednesday.  I don't know anything about phone numbers or SS numbers or addresses or past schools or anything anymore so you would definitely need to do that for me.  The mission veil has caused me to forget everything.  Just let me know in your next email.  I'll follow your advice.

I love you all!  Included are 2 pictures.  The first is of Elder Rose jumping a river on our way back from splits in his area in Toledo last transfer.  The second is after a lesson in my new area with Elder Rogers.

Love,
Elder Garver

Chris:  I don't know if they'll edit this out but I asked my parents what I should do about schooling.  I don't have a ton of money saved up for school so I'm thinking it might be better to work a little bit as well before going off to school.  I'm super pumped to room with you up there.  We just need to request each other when we sign up for schooling or housing or what ever.  How much is gas over there per gallon by the way?  It's around $5 here...





No comments:

Post a Comment