Wednesday, January 30, 2013

1-23-13


Whoa.  Time is flying so fast...

Well, hello everyone!

Mom: Sure, I'd love to do summer classes as well if I have time.  I wouldn't mind staying in the same place as last time.  That would be cool actually.  Just whatever is cheapest.  I'm pretty sure anything that passes the health and safety code in America will be way better than what I'm used to.

Dad: I think what's going to happen is that these next 2 transfers almost every sister will be training.  We are getting a net gain of 31 new missionaries so it's going to be a ton.  Then the newly trained sisters will probably turn right around and immediately train to accommodate the next waves.

I'm quite jealous that you get to go visit CT again.  I want to go back to... Cherry St., was it?  I miss that cemetery, and Ann and her Oreos.

This transfer has been one of intense revelation for me.  Elder Rogers and I have been receiving revelation after revelation for our zone, which I spoke to President about in my interview with him last week.  He is receiving the same guidance for the mission.  It is such a great testimony that revelation is congruent and consistent, because it's all coming from the same place.  We have converted our missionaries in the Talisay zone (they were already extraordinary to begin with), and are now beginning to convert the church leaders.  If the bishopric and auxiliaries in a ward aren't completely obedient and diligent in daily scripture study or home and visiting teaching, we are never going to be able to retain the new less active members coming back.  We're also learning how to teach these people better, and have felt a new spirit enter the zone.  Things are happening here, and I feel that this is much more of what the Lord wants.  Work is fantastic here.

I love you all!

Love,
Elder Garver


 This is just a funny picture I saw.  So true...


 This one was an "inday" or little girl.  The little kids here are so cute.  I'm thinking about adopting an inday in the future.


This is a hanging bridge that Elder Rogers was scared to death to cross.  That's him holding the sides and freaking out... 

No comments:

Post a Comment