Friday, January 4, 2013

1-2-13

Hey Family!

It's amazing how strong the Spirit can be carried even through email.  Thanks for your's Mom.

This week has been one of a lot of learning for me.  Elder Fudge and I spent many hours this week diving deep into the problems and challenges we face here in the mission field, in specific regards to the culture.  We received much revelation about the Filipinos and have been able to implant many new ideas into the branch which is going to help it grow, and have re-tuned our teaching as well so that we are quickly able to perceive the true needs of each person we visit.  It has been a great experience.

This experience is coming to a close now however, at least with Elder Fudge anyway.  I'm transferring tomorrow to Talisay!  My new companion is another Filipino named Elder Rogers.  I'm very excited.  Elder Rogers is a great Elder, and this will be the very first time for me to be assigned in a city, as well as be in a stake!  I remember President Uchtdorf's talk a couple conferences ago; it's going to be nice to get out of the little piper plane for a couple transfers and be part of a much more sophisticated and hopefully well oiled machine.

We are doing our district activity today as a farewell to such a spectacular Zone Leader (jokes ra bitaw!).  We are going to play some basketball and good ol' American football.

I would love to be able to hang out with the Parkers again.  It's going to be a lot different than what I'm doing now.  Talk about culture shock...  I'm a little scared to go home!  I still got plenty of months left though.

One last question; how is the economy doing out there?  I hear that things are supposed to tank sometime in January.  Is that true?  I'm thinking about investing in land and kandings (goats) when I get home. Sound like a good idea?

Love you all!

Elder Garver

P.S. Chris I love you.  Anything crazy happening with the economy over there?  Do you see a lot of goats?  I'm definitely buying at least one when I get home.

No comments:

Post a Comment