Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Wooo Hoooo! Good News Inside!

I got my FLIGHT PLANS!!  Woo hoo!!!  I'm actually leaving for the field soon!  I leave on the 16th, at 8:15 p.m. and arrive in Cebu at 11:30 a.m. on the 18th.  :)  So be ready for my phone call before 8:15 p.m. on the 16th, hopefully around 6:00 p.m.  I'm excited to talk to you! Excited kaayo ko!  I don't know if this, or my email will reach you first, but I had to let you know ASAP.

Also...an update:  Apparently, my companion here has a mental disorder.  He first isolates those close to him (me), and then turns those close to me against me through insults and degrading comments.  This explains a lot.  I have now received a new companion, Elder Fluckiger, the very tall elder in my district.  Elder Taracena is receiving psych evaluations and people are trying to get him the help he needs.  I received a blessing from my district president a couple days ago and my life here has totally turned around.  I'm happy all the time, and I have no more worries.  With Elder Terecena somewhat out of things, my district all likes me again!  We laugh and joke and have fun.  They still don't study language much, and we still have different opinions on things, but we are all friends now!  Two days ago, the elders in my zone told me they noticed that I was smiling a lot more lately, and they liked it.  A sister missionary told me I looked "guapo" when I smiled and I should keep it up.  Everyone says I'll still be "their zone leader" and I feel super loved.  I love it here now!  I'm still super excited to go, but now I can enjoy the last two weeks here too.

I love you all so much!  I can't wait to TALK to you on the 16th!

Love,
Elder Garver

No comments:

Post a Comment