Monday, August 15, 2011

1 Week!!!!

1 Week!!! I assume you haven´t gotten my letter home yet since there are many questions answered in them that you asked.  But anyway.  I got my flight plans!!!  It´s all real now!  I´m actually going to be on a plane in just 7 days heading to the Philippines.  I´m so excited!  I´ll be leaving the MTC around 4:30pm on Tue.  The 16th.  My flight from SLC leaves at 8:30pm  I'm going to buy a calling card from the book store tomorrow so I can give you a call.  Expect my call inbetween 6 and 7 (Mtn. Time).  If you want I can also call you again from San Francisco.  I have a 4 hour layover there before flying to Hong Kong, but that would probably be around 1am your time, so i understand if you want sleep!  But if I , for some reason can't call at SLC, I'm waking you up around 1 whether you like it or not.  I'll keep it short if you need me to though.
 
Sadly, visiters at the airport are prohibited.  Nuna, and Papa, I love you, but unfortunately I have to be left alone at the airport.
 
So yeah!  Exciting times here at the MTC!  I've learned so much here but it's now time for me to get on with my mission life, and start applying what I know, and learning so much more in the field.  I hope Dad is right, and I don't get too sick right away when I get to Cebu.  I'm definitely going to be culture shocked though.  The USA is all I've ever really known.  I don't think they could possibly prepare us enough here, for there.  I'm just going to roll with the punches when I get there, and soak it all up.  I'm so excited, I'm phlipping out! <-- pretty funny huh?  I just thought of that.  All by myself!  Yeah, I need to get out of here...
 
Basta...  Thank you all for all your support and love while i've been here.  I have literally been living the same day over and over again for 56 days, and your letters and packages have been what's thrown a wrench in the cycle and made me realize that time exists.  Thank you for helping me survive the MTC!  I love you all and I can't wait to tell you all about the Philippines soon!
 
Nahigugma ko kaninyo!
 
Gugma,
Elder Garver
 
P.S. Family, tell Scott I mailed him back with the address that was on his dear elder.  He should just start to email me now.  Thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment