Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Almost There!

Hey everyone!
 
Not too much to say this week.  I'm ready to leave for the field.  I've been trying super hard to SYL all the time still but it's become super difficult.  We got the new Cebuano districts in this week, and they are really cool, but it made everyone in my district completely forget about speaking cebuano, myself included.  But it's really hard to start again because nobody else is doing it.  Ok.  Right now.  Wala'y Engles.  So yeah, things are alright.  I don't know if I mentioned this last week, but we had an Elder get sent home, so that has had a weird effect on our district as well.  Appearantly there were things that hadn't been taken care of before he came so he needed to go home and fix whatever it was.
 
On a happier note, I got a letter from Elder Parker this week, which was awesome!  I thought he had forgotten about me with all the Lord's work he was doing.  So it was great to hear from him.  And as always, I really appreciate all your mail.  I really love it.
 
Dad, I don't know how much I need.  Nobody told me exactly how much I needed for customs, they just told me to be prepared to pay.  Just put whatever you think I'll need and then send me a DearElder with how much I have on it so I can know.  Thank you a whole lot!  Also with the tie thing last time,  I asked again, and my ties will last me a while in the Philippines so that's good.  They will get ruined after a while but I can buy new ones for cheap when I need to.
 
I don't know if you can tell, but I am really, really ready to get to the field.  13 days left!  But who's counting?
 
Love,
Elder Garver

No comments:

Post a Comment