Wednesday, April 10, 2013

3-27-13

Hello!

Wow, what kind of phone do you have Mom?  That's super cool you can just talk to it and it writes stuff for you.  I saw an Ipad mini for the first time the other day and it made me laugh super hard.  Apple is ridiculous.  They just keep making the same thing in different sizes and people still buy them!

I don't have my flight plans yet, but I'll let you know when they come in.  Holy cow... that should be some time this transfer.  I still can't really believe this mission is ever going to come to an end.

This week has been good.  We got the apartment organized and are getting into our area pretty well now.  We had to open it up so it was a little different as we spent a lot of time going around finding members and things but we are just about into the full swing of things and only have a few more families we need to find.  Elder Steiner is doing well and is a hard worker with a great attitude at all times.  We are having a blast in this area with the two other Elders who stay in the same apartment with us who are both very good friends of mine from previous areas.  Our branch is small and weak but we are working together with the Branch President to get things up and running.

That's pretty much it for this week.  I'm including pictures again as promised.  The first is obviously me and my companion, and the second is a picture I took looking out of a window in our apartment.  We are living right on the beach :)  I still haven't forgotten the advice Papa gave me about not taking sunsets for granted.  That one's for you Papa.





                                                            

I love you all so much!

Love,
Elder Garver

p.s.  I was talking with my companions here while we ate lunch earlier and we decided that since you'll be saving money on not flying out here, we could use a little of that on some food that I haven't gotten to eat in 2 years.  They told me it would be a good idea for me to put together a list of foods that I want to eat first when I get home.  I'll send you a little list next week.  The first one I can think of just off the top of my head is muddy buddies :)  I love you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment