Wednesday, March 6, 2013

2-20-13


Are you serious?  It's the 20th already?  Oh man...

We are beginning to see the signs of the time spoken by Jesus Christ.  Meteors are hitting Russia, Hurricanes are hitting the Philippines (another one just went through Mindanao and it's been raining pretty hard for a couple days here as an effect), and the days are being shortened as time is speeding up as promised by Christ in Matt 24:21-22.
That's great news about college! Let me know on updates as they come!
This week has been great.  I haven't gotten a chance to get a picture with Elder Afu yet, but I'll send you a picture next week hopefully.  I have been having such a good time with him this week.  They work is going great, and Elder Afu and I are having a lot of fun.  Just to give you an idea of how strong this guy is, yesterday we went out in the heavy rain to work, and as Elder Afu tried to push the button with his thumb on the new umbrella we just bought to make it extend and pop up, the umbrella bent and then snapped in half.  He is so massive.  We have also been loaning our car to Elder Packer, an area 70 who is visiting, for a couple days, and I have laughed as Elder Afu has made the motorcycles we catch rides on pop wheelies as he sits on the back of them.
I agree with Mom, I do have the best mission in the world.  There is big news as well, because this best mission in the world is about to be split!  Starting July 1, 2013 (a month after I go home) the Cebu mission is getting split into the Cebu mission and Cebu East missions!  With the huge surge of missionaries, we are having to split the area and call another mission president to help share the load.  This is a pretty big deal because half our missionaries will be in a separate mission with a new mission president starting in a couple months.  We don't know the exact boundaries yet, but we'll be updating in the following weeks.
I am so proud of all you back home.  I love you all so much.
Love,
Elder Garver

No comments:

Post a Comment