Sunday, March 24, 2013

3-13-13


Hey everyone!

Mom, I'm not heartbroken that you can't come out.  I think having you come out would be a great experience for the two of you, but being able to do a family vacation will be great for all of us, especially because this may be the last time we can all do something like this together before college and marriage (that's super exciting) and stuff.  I'll do my best to take more pictures and digitally record the Philippines for you.

So this is a big week!  Transfer week.  I am leaving Elder Afu and have been called to finish the last two transfers of my mission as a Trainer/District Leader.  I am excited beyond belief.  I can't think of a better way to finish my mission.  I get to raise up more "posterity" in the mission, fill him with 2 years of experience, and teach weekly workshops to a district of missionaries and help them become more fully converted and excited for the Lord's work.  I am also opening a new area so all this combined will be quite the task that the Lord has given me.  I am very much looking forward to it.  I find out who my new companion is when he gets to the Philippines on Saturday.

Stepping down from Zone Leader now means that I can entirely focus on the work, and I am so excited.  The "busy work" of the mission is fulfilling in a sense, but there is nothing like bearing down in powerful testimony and converting souls.  This is going to be the best two transfers ever.

I did get to conduct exchanges with Elder Wangsgaard this last Sunday.  I don't know if you remember him.  He was my District Leader back in my second area, and I owe my conversion largely in part to him.  We have been extremely close our whole missions and now he is going home.  Elder Wangsgaard stepped down from being Zone Leader and was a Trainer/District Leader in my zone here this transfer, and we finally got to work together one last time before he left.  It was so good to work with him again, we taught the Cabunag family who had a series of unfortunate events and misunderstanding happen to them which caused them to go inactive for a while, but through the Spirit of the Lord, revelation, and a priesthood blessing, hearts were softened, tears flowed and lives were changed.  That was one of the longest (over 2 hours) and best lessons of my mission, and I am so grateful to Elder Wangsgaard who was converted and worthy enough to make it happen with me.  I've included a picture of us with the Cabunag family at the bottom.

I love you all!

Love,
Elder Garver




No comments:

Post a Comment