Tuesday, December 27, 2011

12-28-11

Hey everyone!

Real quick for those who are reading this who I didn't have the opportunity to skype with on Christmas...  I've been transferred from Pilar, Bohol to The Celestial Kingdom, Cebu (otherwise known as Polambato).  It is absolutely fantastic up here.  The members are amazing as are the investigators.  The Branch is small but has ton of potential.  We have senior missionaries in our district who feed us American food on special occasions and even got us some Christmas gifts!  It's only been a week but Polambato is amazing, and by far my favorite area so far.

Now for the family, it was awesome to see and speak with you!  It sounded like you all had an awesome Christmas.  Mom told me about all the shopping down there, and that sounded great for you guys too.  Even here in the Philippines, when I grocery shop, I get slammed with an unnatural tiredness.  Shopping absolutely kills me.  I don't know why.  I'm more wiped out after 30 minutes of shopping that after 2 hours of basketball.  One funny thing that happened a little bit ago, we were grocery shopping in the mall and we heard the weirdest noise coming from the radio.  Filipinos love their mix music.  They'll mix to songs together to make a remix and I still have yet to hear one that actually sounds ok.  This particular noise we heard from the radio was one of their mixes.  It was Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer mix with Leaving on a Jet Plane.  So weird.  I don't even see how they fit, but whatever.

I'm still package-less, but it's alright.  I'm going to be the happiest missionary when I get them mid February.

Thanks for all your love and support!
Elder Garver

P.S. Just in case Chris forgot, make sure the Parkers now how thankful I am for my scriptures!

No comments:

Post a Comment