Monday, January 9, 2012

1-4-11

Hey Everyone!

This week has been crazy. My companion has been in Cebu City all week with doctors appointments and things he needs done before he goes home next transfer. My district leader's comp is going home too so we have been doing splits all week as they both were in the city. So Elder Wangsgaard and I have been juggling two areas all by ourselves all week but our comps just got back late last night so work can go back to normal now. I am still absolutely loving Polambato. My entire Zone here is super super spiritual. It is amazing what committed obedience does for a zone and district. The Spirit is so strong here. I love it. My companion is... extremely trunky. He is mentally finished with his mission, so that is a challenge that I have been entrusted with for this transfer. We are working on it though and it is getting a little better every day. I want him to finish out his mission on a high note. He is a super nice guy and it's fun to be around him, it's just the obedience thing we are working on.

I've been learning so much this week. Elder Wangsgaard is an amazing missionary, and he has been such a good teacher as we have worked together. One thing that has surprised me on my mission, is that no matter how humble I think I am, I can always get humbled even more. That happened a lot this week. I now know without a doubt that I do not know this language. If the Lord chooses to pull back a bit and let me try on my own for a day or two, I just fall flat on my face. I was blessed with that humbling experience this week when I started to think to myself that I was even better at the language than my DL who has been out for almost a year. Not true. It's the Lord that is filling my mouth every day, and without him, I go back to my skill level of Junior-year German. I have loved working with Elder Wangsgaard this week, but I'm excited to start working with my comp again too.

Your week sounded awesome, and I'm so glad that you are all still so close with our friends in VA. Chris and I both are so grateful that our parents are so close, just like us. I love you guys!

No package yet, but I got like 5 letters this morning. I'm excited to read them after this.

I love you!
Elder Garver
P.S. I included some pictures for you this week:
                
  This one is my new Branch in Polambato, some of them anyway. 
   Then there is my new companion with his cow family.  Sorry it's sideways!  Gravity is a little different here.  ;)

 This one was taken in Pilar, in celebration of Christmas at Nanay Orapa's house.
And finally, I found Rachel's twin in the Philippines! Look at that! They are identical! It gets better too. This girls name is... Rachel! And, she is 14! What? Way cool dude. It's even better because she is a rock solid recent convert. She has read half the Book of Mormon in 3 days! She is just awesome. So every time I see her and think of how awesome you are Rachel!



 

No comments:

Post a Comment