Monday, October 3, 2011

September 28, 2011

Dear Family,

I saw the pictures of the house!  Wow!  I hope you are still there when I get back.  That yard looks amazing!  And see if you can convince the sellers to leave the pool table!

Alicia!  You are almost 17!  Stop growing up!  Rachel and Sydney too.  Stop it right now.

The mga binundo that have been happening in Manila have not really been affecting us much down here.  We get heaving rain and winds but nothing damaging.  The weather is actually not so bad here in the Bukid.  It's actually kind of enjoyable sometimes.

Because we are so far out in the middle of nowhere though, the work is slow.  I hear way different stories from my friends in Cebu, but I know I'm here for a reason.  Right now we don't have many solid investigators, but we do have a few semi solid.  Like a soquid i guess.  The members are always nice though.  I don't know if I have any real "favorites" as of now, but the District President is really smart and kind, and he feeds us every Sunday.  Nanay Orapa is the member who we rent or apartment from, and she is really awesome too.  She has a sense of humor, and is super nice.  She also feeds us every Saturday and Monday.  Can you see a pattern emerging?  Hopefully I will be able to start really getting to know people better as the language progresses.  I'm thinking that I'll really start settling in at the end of my next transfer period (6 weeks).

I haven't gotten your package yet, but that's probably just because I'm so removed from everything.  It has to go to the Mission home first anyway, and after that it still could be weeks until I receive it.  Patience is a virtue I'm being forced to learn here in Pilar.  But thank you so much in advance!

I also need to renew my license soon right?  Can you send me the info to do that next week?

I love you all so much!  And I'm praying for you and the house every night.

Love,
Elder Garver

No comments:

Post a Comment