Friday, September 23, 2011

September 14, 2011

So I'm in Tagbilaran (the city) this week so I can send you pictures!  I'm on my way to Cebu for a training seminar.  I'm super excited to see all my MTC buddies again.  Thanks Mom, for sending me that package.  I didn't get your sarcasm at first about the $110 and I freaked out a bit in my head.  I'm glad you didn't spend that much on me.  So I teach seminary once a week, and I love it.  The kids are amazing here.  As second counselor I pretty much just lead meetings, count tithing and whatnot, and help the BP with whatever he needs.  I am learning a whole lot, and I'm loving.  I really love the ward here, the are beyond nice.  I really love our investigators too though.  I have started to be able to understand a lot of what is being said to me, and so I can now more fully participate and actually teach according to needs, which I am ecstatic about.  I'm really excited about one of our investigators, si Ronnie.  Ronnie is golden, he prays and reads and has very good discussions with us every time we meet.  As soon as he receives his answer that this is the true church, I'm positive he'll be baptized.  His family lives up north though, because of the military or something, so hopefully he can have them move down with him soon.  So the work is pretty good.

I'm very happy that you sent me pictures of the family.  People here LOVE looking at them.  On that note however, Sister's of mine: You are NEVER allowed to come to the Philippines.  Sorry.  Every single one of you, Alicia, Rachel, and Sydney, have had many fingers pointed at each of you individually and been deemed, "Oh! Gwapa!!"  Nobody believes me when I tell them how old you all are either.  Sydney, I had to fight off a 30 year old man a couple days ago that wanted your phone number!  So, you can't ever come here, sorry.  You are all just too good looking.

It's sure interesting hearing about your trials and experiences back home.  I'm pray about you every single night.  And I know that the Lord is watching over you.  Padayon sa pagkugi!

I love you all so much!

Love,
Elder Garver

No comments:

Post a Comment