Saturday, July 7, 2012

7-4-12

Rachel is wearing high heals?!!?!??!  Oh man.....  Life is going by so fast.

Hello Everyone!

Joceryl was baptized this week.  Her date was originally scheduled for the 7th but due to us having zone interviews this 7th it got moved forward a week.  The baptism was great.  I'll send some pictures next week because I forgot my flash drive/USB converter thingy this week.  After her baptism, Joceryl bore the most solid testimony I have ever heard, and in our next visit she told us that her boss at work found out she was baptized, was furious and threatened to fire her and take away her sponsorship for college if she continue coming to church (super Christ-like... How can someone feel so much hatred and still think they are "following Christ?"). Joceryl told us that this Sunday she is coming to church regardless, and is even praying that her boss follows through on her threats so that she can show the Lord her commitment and focus all her time on working with the relief society and preparing for her mission 1 year from now.  Joceryl is awesome.

I have a book to suggest to you all.  I want to extend a commitment to all of you who read this; Mom, Dad, Nuna, Papa, Grandma, Grandpa, siblings, cousins, friends.  Will you read "The Miracle of Forgiveness" by President Spencer W. Kimball?  I promise you it will change the way you think about forgiveness and righteous, happy living.  I promise you that it will enlighten your mind and guide you to true activity in the church. I'd love to hear your thoughts in your future emails as you read it.  It taught me a ton, that's for sure.

I'm low on time, but I love you all.  Good work on the Girls Camp, knee healing, testimony bearing, McDo working, and high heals wearing.  I'm always praying for you.

Love,
Elder Garver

No comments:

Post a Comment