Sunday, July 15, 2012

7-11-12

Aww thanks Rachel.  I love you.

That's a bummer about no fireworks!  you would think the people would be a little more patriotic in Jew Jersey of all places.  At least you got to be all together as a family!  I didn't even notice 4th of July here.  I was on splits though when I remembered during planning and my companion was American so I got to say, "oh... happy 4th of July by the way..."  It was quite the event.  Weather is the same as it always is.  Holidays aren't as fun here as back home, but that's ok because the work is always good.

I was surprised at how much you are all doing back home!  You are vacationing like crazy!  I got tired just reading about all your adventures.  I would love to go to the Pageant with you all.  I only remember bits and pieces from when we last went.  Also, tell everyone in UT I say hi.

About District Meetings, I usually take a day or two during the week to study the needs of my district, and then teach accordingly.  I also have leadership training once a month where President Schmutz shares a workshop and we then bring that information to our individual districts.  It is a really awesome calling, and I love teaching.  I find so often that I learn just as much from my district as they hopefully do from me.  Doing splits is also a blast, and a great opportunity every week to learn from a new companion for a day or two.

Dad, you are right about The Miracle of Forgiveness.  It really opened my eyes about true repentance and how straight and narrow the way back to Christ really is.  It is true that it is difficult, in fact, it is impossible, if we don't do our part to qualify for the atoning grace of Jesus Christ.  The true gospel of Jesus Christ is not one of easiness.  It requires full, complete, devotion.  But it is after all we can do, that we are saved by Grace.  just like Mom referenced in her email last week.  we are required to give all we can, and then we can stand still, with the utmost assurance to see the arm of the Lord revealed (D&C 123: 17).  Life is like a basketball game.  If we play the whole game, constantly dropping the ball, missing every shot, and passing it to the wrong team, and at the end, our team's score is higher than the opponents, we still win!  We are part of the team, and therefore it is a team effort which brings us success.  Lucky for us, if we choose right, we have Jesus Christ as our team MVP.  He never drops a ball, and hits 3 pointers all day without fail.  We need to commit ourselves to Him, and he will always pull through for us.  We aren't perfect alone, but through Christ, we are.

Joceryl is doing great.  She was true to her word and came to church and obeyed the Sabbath day.  She still has a job and is still going to school.  She has also become a referral machine, and is pumping them out at a ridiculous pace as she shares the gospel with everyone she comes in contact with.  Besides her, work is going well.  We have a number of other baptismal dates coming up as well.  We are working with each of them to overcome individual challenges, but they are all amazing people.

I really appreciate your emails every week.  (Thanks Rachel!)  I love you all!

Elder Garver

No comments:

Post a Comment