Wednesday, February 15, 2012

2-15-12

Helloooo!

So many miracles this week!!!!  I love Elder Shelley.

We have been tearing it up over here this past week.  Elder Shelley came to work, and that is what we are doing.  We have been going from morning into the night working like crazy every day.  We actually got to eat our first dinner in a week yesterday because a member fed us.  We have been working through meals and not even realizing it.  We reallocated our budget yesterday though so now we can eat out every day for dinner.  This way we can grab something to eat real quick for maybe 10 min and head right back out to work.  I am loving this.  A new companion who follows my lead and wants to work just as hard as I do is such a blessing.  We have seen the Lord just pour down blessings this week.  Inactive members and new investigators are just coming out of the woodwork everywhere we go.  We have found nearly 20 new investigators since Mon.  So 2 days.  Also, the Spirit has been so so strong ever since Elder Shelley got here.  With him, we are able to be completely 100% obedient and the Lord has showered us with blessings because of it.

This was really cool.  Yesterday, we were teaching an inactive member and there was a neighbor of his that was listening in.  We were focusing on the member, and after our lesson we committed him to come to church.  After he committed, his neighbor spoke up and said, "Elders, can I come too?  I have work on Sunday but I'm going to change my schedule so I can start coming every week."  Yes you can come brother!  We later went around with those 2 people, Junjun and his neighbor, and committed pretty much the whole village to come to church on Sunday.  Miracles are happening in Bogo.

So this is the happiest I have ever been on my mission.  100% obedience, diligence, and success.  Elder Shelley doesn't know the language hardly at all, but he has progressed from not being able to put a sentence together on day 1, to being able to lead the first lesson on day 4.  I have been filled with inexpressibly amazing joy this week as we have worked together and seen so many people draw nearer to their Savior.

We also got tons done in the Branch on Sunday.  We got tons more callings extended, organized a Branch Council, PEC, and the startings of Home teaching and Visting teaching.  Things are on the move!  The only sad thing is that our new Tagalog member wasn't there on Sunday.  He travels a lot and won't be able to go to our branch every week because sometimes he will be in Cebu.

I didn't even realize it was Valentine's day yesterday.  I'm glad you all had fun!  Mom, when I get back I'll teach you how to cook porkchops.  I've become pretty good at it out here.  I make them a lot.  Dad, I love my mission President.  He is amazing.  He is super spiritual and personal with all the Elders.  I get to see him at Zone Interviews and workshops and things, and now also at our training meetings.  I am loving training by the way.  I could do this the rest of my mission.  It feels so great to be teaching a new missionary so much, but really cool as well to be learning so much from him in return.

Well I hope everything continues to go great for you all back home.

I love you!
Elder Garver

No comments:

Post a Comment