Wednesday, January 18, 2012

1-18-12

Hey everyone!

This week has been pretty good. There was a huge let down that just kinda ruined the week though. Just like Dad said in his email, when the work is going great, that seems to be when the biggest challenges come. We found out this week that our star family, the Sanchez's, aren't married. Such a killer. So that pushes their temple date back a bit... They are pretty down about it, but we shared with them about Hope and Faith on Monday, and they are determined to push through this and do it right. They are arranging things to prepare for marriage this week, so we can keep moving with it. They are still a solid family, and they still have great faith and determination, and I still love them to death. Sin is a bummer, but I love the Atonement, and I absolutely know that we need to always keep loving those who mess up, and be there for them when they are getting back on the right path. I love our Savior Jesus Christ.

We had some more great success this week as well. We got all key Auxiliary Leadership positions filled in the branch, or at least called. They will be sustained and set apart in 2 weeks after our district conference this Sun. Things are going great in the Branch, and in the field as well. One huge success this week is that I convinced my comp to drop a family of 3 young women who we have been teaching forever now with no progression. They don't read, pray, or come to church, and they never even participate in lessons. They were always good for a lesson though. Stats aren't worth the worth a ready soul though, and now we have another open hour every other day to find that one who is searching for help.

More success, I got Nuna and Papa's package this week! It was awesome! I'm still looking for Mom's though. Hopefully just a couple more weeks right? Anyway, Nuna and Papa, everyone loved the cookies. They were gone after just a couple hours. The mashed potato mixes were genius as well. Thank you so much!

Finally, I want to tell Mom and Dad that you need to serve a mission when you become "Seniors." I don't know if Dad remembers, but the senior missionaries are amazing. There is one couple here, the Ernstroms, and if Dad was 60ish with white hair, he would be just like Elder Ernstrom. Everybody loves the senior missionaries, the members, investigators, and missionaries as well. They do wonders out here, and I would love for you both to experience it for yourselves.

One last thing, I want to thank everyone in NJ for all their cards! I've gotten more letters from people I don't know than from those I do! Thank you so much for your words of love and support. It makes me feel welcomed already to a ward I've never before attended. You guys are the best. I'm looking forward to the day when I get to see the faces behind the loving words and meet you all. Thank you!

Thanks for all your love!
Elder Garver

No comments:

Post a Comment