Wednesday, May 15, 2013

5-7-13

Hey Everyone!

Don't worry about me getting trunky Dad.  It's not happening.  I definitely know why I'm out here.

This week has been another of magnificent strides.  As we really got into this training thing and started going deeper and deeper, Elder Steiner and I realized that teaching records and other forms for our area book just weren't cutting it.  We tried to imagine the next elders coming in and taking over and we realized that even though we were filling up our area book with dates when people were visited and what we trained them on, there was nowhere to record the "big picture" or vision of where we were going with the leaders.  We went through the handbooks of instructions and filled 4 pages with things that needed to happen in a well running church.  There was no way this was all going to be able to be planned for, remembered, and transferred and continued without something new to help.  We spent a couple days this last week creating a brand new form to use for the area books here which is going to streamline the training process, and allow the work to continue fluently from companionship to companionship.  It's beautiful!  I'm really happy with it.  The Spirit was so strong as were began the project and the result is going to benefit missionaries a ton.  I am so excited every day to wake up and work.  The work is so progressive here.

We also have 2 baptisms scheduled for next Saturday on the 18th.  Nanay and her 21 year old daughter Mimi Ann are super solid and are doing really well.  I'll have pictures for you in a couple weeks.

I'm excited to see you all on Mothers day as well.  Lets shoot for 8:30am my time.  If something comes up I'll let you know.  That is election day here and I hear that it can get a little crazy.  I'll find a way to let you know.

I love you all!

Love,
Elder Garver

No comments:

Post a Comment