Wednesday, May 15, 2013

4-30-13

Well, hello there!

I think technology has gotten a lot better since Chris' uncle served here.  We get gallons of purified water delivered to our house which we drink.  We just use regular water though if we are going to be boiling it for spaghetti or pasta or anything.  I feel like such an American with Elder Steiner.  I haven't eaten rice for months now unless it's at a member's house, and we set up a little gym in our house now so we can get HUGE!  We'll see what I can pull off in a month.  My diet consists now of peanut butter and jelly sandwiches, eggs, and spaghetti.  Every day.  I'm thinking about buying some chicken to mix things up a bit this month.  That requires so much cooking and cleaning time though, which I don't know if I can afford.  Maybe I'll see if you can toast a chicken breast...  We do drink tons of soda though.  It's a typical thing here to get fed snacks before or after a lesson which is usually bread and a liter or 2 of soda.  I was super worried about it in my 3rd area when my companion and I were drinking at least 4 liters a day...  It's not so bad here.

I don't really have much to say this week besides the success is continuing to flow.  It seemed like I went to church in a completely different are last week.  We had so many more meetings and things implemented that it changed the whole Spirit in the church.  Priesthood Opening Exercises was a great success and we had 13 less actives that came to church for the first time, none of which were visited by us.  The members are catching the spirit of missionary work as we train them on their individual responsibilities and are fellow shipping and visiting their fellow brothers and sisters without having to be babysat by the missionaries, and the fruits are clearly apparent.

I did get my package by the way.  I told someone...  Anyway, I haven't taken a picture yet but my awesome 6 foot long birthday sign is hung up in our apartment right now.  Thank you!

That's a cool story Mom about Jacob 5.  I had a really cool experience with Jacob 6:12 in my 4th area that changed my life.  I got a prompting while studying to focus on that tiny little verse, and an hour later I was learning things about sacrifice and obedience that are going to end up being a big part of what gets me into the Celestial Kingdom.  There is truly no end to what the Spirit and the scriptures will teach you if you are diligent in studying them.  I am hearing back from a lot of my now RM companions that it is a huge challenge to jump back in to real life and continue feasting on the words of Christ everyday, but I am determined to not let a day go by that I don't study for at least 1 hour every day, and I'm going to wake up as early as I need to to do it.  I have no idea what I'm in for when I go home...

I love you all!  Life is great.

Love,
Elder Garver



No comments:

Post a Comment