Sunday, November 11, 2012

11-7-12

Hello!

It's good to hear you are all safe!  I can't imagine what it would feel like to be somewhere below freezing.  The Philippines is so awesome because it's just hot all the time.  Power outages happen on a very regular basis, but all it really effects are the tvs and electric fans.  Hardly anyone here even uses electric fans so it's not even that big of a deal.  I can imagine how much harder it would be in the winter...

I'm going to apologize now for not sending pictures again.  I forgot my camera at the apartment.  Sorry!  I actually haven't had much to take pictures of lately, but I'll get a few to you next week.  I took a cool video though this week.  We were standing on the beach waiting for our Branch Missionary, and as we looked out across the sea we saw a wall of rain in the distance.  As we watched, we could see the wall coming closer and closer with the sea all choppy underneath where the rain was hitting it.  It was really cool to see how fast rain clouds actually move.  Then we worked in the pounding rain for a while.  Fun!

Good news from our area.  Nanay Epifania is getting baptized on Saturday.  The miracles the Lord has worked in her life are amazing.  When we found her, she couldn't sit up, much less come to church, yet after a blessing and a few promises in the name of the Lord, she is walking to church 2 hours early each Sunday, and has become completely active again in her life.  She is cleaning, washing clothes, shopping and doing all the things she hasn't been able to do for so long.  She  isn't even taking her medicine anymore.  The Lord just healed her.  I testify of the power of Christ's Priesthood, and I testify as well that through obedience this power comes into our lives.  You don't have to be special or do anything crazy to have miracles happen in your life.  All you need to do is obey.  Respect your Redeemer enough to follow his commandments, and He will work miracles in your life.  The only reason why miracles ever cease, is because of the unbelief of man.  This mission has taught me of the truthfulness of my Savior and I could never deny that He lives, and is active in our lives, as much as we allow Him.

Keep warm!
Love,
Elder Garver

P.S.  I got your package!  I also opened it.  Thanks for the pictures!  I love you guys.  I also love nutella.

No comments:

Post a Comment