Sunday, October 28, 2012

10-24-12

Hahaha I have no idea why but Sydney's ability to speak English really took be by surprise in her email.  I don't know what I was thinking...  I think I was picturing her as my little baby sister still.  Haha Syd you need to email me more!

Dad, there are pluses and minuses to college before a mission.  College is less strict, and more fun, and Alicia will be able to find good friends and learn to be more independent. On the other hand, Alicia is already quite independent, and would do fantastic jumping straight into the mission.  She can definitely handle herself, and will be a blessing to every companion she is with.  The mission will teach her things she can't learn at college.  She would do well with the spiritual training before getting into that game.  1 year of college before the mission would be a lot more benefit for the independence aspect, which she already is going to be fine with.  I suggest that she go on a mission first, and then do her schooling afterwards with a greater vision of what Father in Heaven has in store for her.

Mom!  I still eat tons of rice.  I have just started getting into omelets though, and that is now what I eat with my rice every day.  Super delicious.  We also eat out a lot here.  My favorites are siomi (little noodle pocket things filled with pork and spices) and foot long hotdogs from Angels (a fast food thing... not really a restaurant, more like a little stand).  I can't really remember what would be weird for an American to eat anymore, Dad.  I just eat whatever is given to me.  Goat is nothing weird right?

Work is going great, and we should have a baptism coming up shortly.  Sister Epifania is doing great. We witnessed a miracle this week. She came to conference but had to return after just one session because of pain. She cannot sit or stand for any length of time without unbearable pain in her back. She must lay on a pillow on her stomach in order to gain relief. We visited her last week and she expressed to us concern that she would not be able to endure church for 3 hours the following week. I promised her that if she had faith and trusted the Lord by coming to church, He would take away her pain for the whole time she was at church. She was so excited to come to church that week, that she walked to church at 10:30am to be early for our 12:00 sacrament. She then joined the Relief Society of the earlier branch while she waited for us to get there, attended all 3 hours of our branch, and then went home. She told us her pain vanished and she was cured for 4 1/2 hours. She expressed her joy and gratefulness for the Savior and knows it was He who is working miracles in her life. So amazing.

Lots of great work in my Zone as well.  It is seriously so much fun being a zone leader.  There is a whole lot more freedom, because the entire zone is your area, and we spend a lot of time in other Elder's areas as well helping them out or conducting exchanges and stuff.  I also get to drive now so that is sweet.

I love you all!  Keep up the missionary work back home.  I'll be home eventually to help as well.

Love,
Elder Garver

No comments:

Post a Comment