Thursday, September 20, 2012

9-12-12

Merry Christmas everyone!

The long awaited Christmas season has finally arrived!  There are references to Christmas now in church, they are celebrating on the TVs and there is Christmas music playing on the radio and in the malls.  Oh what a joyous, and insanely early, Christmas season it is!  This will last until February.

Note about the Christmas package.  I was made aware this week that I actually am in need of quite a few new things.  My shirts are becoming see-through due to rigorous hand washing and bleach, my pants are in need of replacements, and I am out of space on the memory card for my camera.  All these things can easily be bought here, and so as to not waste money on postage, the most practical and helpful gift would be to just put some money on my card.  I know that this isn't as much fun for you guys, but I would very very much appreciate it.  I would be very very happy even just to get a personal letter from each of you on Christmas.  Letters and Pictures sound awesome.  I'm actually going to need to pull out some money pretty soon to that I have some clothes to wear.  I also need to get my shoes resoled...

This was another crazy week.  We had an emergency transfer in our zone and we moved one companionship out into a different zone and are welcoming in their replacements tommorrow.  We had more meetings and exchanges with Elders in our zone and we have Leadership Training this Friday.  We are so busy!  In the midst of it all, however, Elder Barcellano and are were able to pull of mission standards (25 lessons and 100 contacts in a week), finishing up the week with 27 lessons and 105 contacts.  So Mom, we do a ton of working with the missionaries and teaching workshops and attending meetings and such, but we do as much missionary work as we can as well.  We have a great zone.

To answer your questions, Yes, we have sisters in our mission, No, we don't have a car.  We still ride buses and PUB.  We have a senior couple in our zone who get to use the car.  If they weren't here, we would get to drive, but it's all good because senior missionaries are miracle workers.  We need miracles more than cars to drive.  Again, I am out of time...

I love you guys all so much.  Mom, just a last piece of advice.  I have found that listening to conference talks at the apartment as opposed even to hymns brings such a great spirit into the house.  If you are feeling stressed, try listening to Conference talks during a day and see if that helps you at all.  It has helped with stress in the mission.  I'm pretty sure you can download them off lds.org.

You guys are all amazing.  Make sure you keep on reading and praying as a family every day.  Satan is super kugihan. (ask Alicia what that means)  We all need all the heavenly help we can get to stay above all this junk in the world.

I'm praying for you all!

Love,
Elder Garver

ps. Dad, how are your knees?

No comments:

Post a Comment