Wednesday, June 6, 2012

6-6-12

Hello!

That is really cool about your calling Mom!  That is kind of funny how the roles of church leadership have just completely flipped in our family.  Leadership can be really challenging, but it is even more rewarding.  Just remember that when everything builds up and seems to be too overwhelming, the Savior is there to lift those burdens off your back and sort them out for you so you can handle them all.  Dad, I'll be praying for your knee.

I actually do get to keep in somewhat frequent contact with Chris and Kyle and Scott.  It has been awesome sharing mission experiences and seeing each other grow.  These three have been better friends to me than I could have ever imagined.  They shaped my life and helped me get to where I am today.  I think it is so awesome that we all are on missions serving the Lord and that afterwords, we too, as with the sons of Mosiah, will meet up again and rejoice in each others success.

Transfer calls came in this morning!  Elder Tolentino is transferring, and I am becoming District Leader in Valencia.  Transfers are always super exciting.  We get Christmas every 6 weeks here in the mission.  It's awesome.  I'll fill you in on my new comp next week.

This week was really good.  We taught some really great lessons with our investigators, and they also came to church.  We also saw tons of less active people come back to church and we organized our Branch PEC and Branch Council.  This weeks goal is to get home teaching worked out and really restarted.  This area has so much potential, and I am so happy to be here.

I don't have a ton to say this week, but I would love to here more from Alicia about work and Rachel and Sydney about school and stuff.  If they can get their emails through to me.

I love you all!
Elder Garver

No comments:

Post a Comment