Wednesday, November 30, 2011

11-22-11

Happy Thanksgiving Everyone!

I'm really starting to realize how terrible I am at writing and answering questions in my emails, so before I forget, Thank you so so so much for the scriptures!  They are amazing and I am so happy to have a smaller set now.  I also have gotten to go though and study the unmarked pages which has been awesome.  I have received so much new revelation through it and it's been great.

I had an Idea for anyone who wants to find Pilar on Google Maps.  LDS.og has a google earth section when you click on find a church close to me.  Just type in Pilar Bohol, and hopefully our church building will pop up.

I also want to give a special thanks to Grandma Hansen.  Thank you for all the dearelders!  It's still such an awesome feeling to get mail, and I love reading your letters to me.  I love you Grandma!

This week was fantastic up until Thursday.  I got sick again and so I had to stay within sprinting distance of the bathroom for a couple days.  That was not fun.  I hate being sick on the mission.  I'm almost all better now though so the work can progress!  We are still working on Sister Florez's papers for marriage but that should be finished pretty soon.  We also committed an 18 year old kid named Jaison to baptism this week.  So as long as he keeps coming to church he should be baptized in Dec.  We got an awesome new investigator this week that moved here from Davau.  We have taught her just the first lesson so far but she has so much faith in God.  She will feel the truth of the Restoration as she prays.  We're meeting with her again tomorrow.

So the work is pretty good right now, and it's just getting better all the time.  So guess what?  BIKES!  They finally cleared with the area presidency, and we are getting more info at Zone Conference on the 28th.

The Americans in my zone are throwing a little Thanksgiving party today.  We are buying stuff for mashed potatoes and, if we can find it, turkey...  We may just have to settle for sliced sandwich meat or hotdogs.  I'm super pumped for the potatoes though.  Hooray for no rice!

I love you all!
Elder Garver

1 comment:

  1. Hope you enjoyed your Thanksgiving..... Guess rice would not be a suitable Christmas gift for you??? Maybe some Mylanta or Tums...... If there is anything specific you would like me to send to make life away from home a little more bearable, please let me know.
    Time will pass very quickly if you stay busy. I am confident that you will keep yourself busy and be successful in doing the Lords work.

    ReplyDelete